Search Lobsterland

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Chillin'





This perpetual winter thing is getting old. I overbought toe warmers back in January in preparation for our Joplin trip, especially since Corinna bought me a big pack right before that trip not realizing I'd already stocked up.



Those suckers are all used up, and in like two weeks we're supposed to be transplanting tomatoes. That's a tropical fruit, folks, and it was 40ºF when I left work on it's way to an overnight low below freezing and it's past tax day.



Fortunately, as far as bike commuting, I have my chilly weather gear figured out. Long johns below 30ºF, see also cycling jacket sleeves (the abdomen zips out and who needs it?). Cotton or merino sleeves below 50ºF, boots with toe warmers below 25ºF. Plus the rain suit for when it's better to be hot & wet than cold & wet (below maybe 55ºF).



I guess we didn't really have a winter last year, so maybe we're just making up for lost time.





No comments: