Search Lobsterland

Monday, July 11, 2005

The Mote in the Lobster's Eye

I paid extra at the eye doctor a few months ago to have them take this funky picture of my retina. It wasn't a ton of money, but insurance doesn't cover it so I was probably a chump to have it done. Peace of mind, I believe, was how they pitched it. My prescription for eyeglasses was still pretty much right and I have glasses, back up glasses and prescription sunglasses, so there wasn't really anything of real value they could offer me to get at my wallet.

I guess they could sell me contacts, but that means touching my eye, and that's not happening. Ever.

The picture was so cool, though, I asked if they would send me the photo via e-mail. I didn't think they were going to come through, and then I get this e-mail today and I almost nuked it as spam, probably with a malicious attachment. But no, it's my retina photo. Given my present budget, it's kind of embarrassing because I could really use the $30 or whatever it cost a lot more right now.

But I got to looking at it, and I think there's something in my eye. What do you think?

No comments: