Search Lobsterland

Saturday, August 06, 2016

Tomato Tasting





It takes a lot to get me out of bed in single digit numbers of a Saturday. The chance to ride my bike 100 miles, to shoot a dozen models in a day, or apparently a tomato tasting.







The whole thing was fantastic as usual, and the BLT I had from Pigwich was one of the best things I've ever eaten.







I kept the 105 on my camera the whole time, it's an interesting lens to shoot with. One problem with street photography is when people get camera aware. The 105 makes me get far enough away a lot of times that people don't know they're being shot. Not always, if I go for a really tight close up shot, I'm still close enough to get noticed. But in a lot of situations, it gives enough breathing room that the subject will not notice me and fuck up the shot









They keep making this event bigger, and I guess next year they're talking about involving Knuckleheads' across the street from Local Pig and expanding things further. Fine by me, I have fun just tasting dozens of varieties with other heirloom nerds, but the bigger it gets the more fun I seem to have.







It's weird how many places I go like this and I have these groups of friends that sometimes overlap. Friends from one hobby or my job who show up at other hobbies or my job or something. I don't necessarily feel like I know all that many people, but sometimes I'm given evidence that yeah, I do.







But as far as shooting beautiful and interesting people, it was a target rich environment as far as that goes.















No comments: