Search Lobsterland

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Tweed Ride









I'm going to have to find some thrift shop tweed to better participate in this next year. It's a really fun event.





Not having anything appropriate I debated between wearing my suit, which is at least wool and fairly former (but boring solid gray and I don't really like wearing it), or an aloha. My friend Lynn suggested vintage Hawaiian, and I did have something along those lines, silk with coconut buttons, one of my favorites.







Still, a Hawaiian shirt is counter to form on a tweed ride, which throws back to the late 19th and early 20th centuries, about fifty years before people in the islands started making men's shirts out of silks for kimonos.





The antique bikes were really cool, too.





Good party, with a picnic after. There was an after party at a bar, but I spent four hours at a bar Friday night watching the Royals win game one of the ALCS and I had bar fatigue. I rode from the Tweed Ride to my Dad's house to watch the second game.















No comments: