Search Lobsterland

Saturday, June 22, 2013

No Photos?

I ride through the West Bottoms a lot on my commute, and one of the charms of it is the photographers. They're there with brides, high school seniors, whole families, aspiring models, using that magic hour light before twilight and the post-industrial decay as a backdrop.



Or things like cool looking green doors on brick buildings.

I got caught by a train on the way in or I'd have missed this bizarre set of signs. One promotes the West Bottoms Renaissance, warns of video surveillance (hey, we're all being watched all the time, these days), but the other is truly absurd. No photos? How is an attractive couple or a pretty girl posing in front of your green door a problem for whatever jackass owns this building?

And you know, I'm contrarian enough that when you post a 'no photos' sign, the first thing I do is reach for my camera.

No comments: