Search Lobsterland

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Memorial for Todd



As I was riding by Nichol's Park, I noticed, well, a bunch of white bags laying around. They had chairs set up and whatnot, obviously for an event. So I made inquiries, and it turns out it was KC Hospice and Palliative Care's memorial service they do each year for, you guessed it, Memorial Day.



I inquired as to whether my late stepbrother, Todd Swanson was among the luminaria, and they looked in the book and said no, but he could be. There'd be a calligrapher along in an hour or so if I wanted to leave his name. I wanted to stick around the Plaza and see it, I could tell it would be a moving event, but I needed to get home. I asked if the bags would still be there in the morning and they said, no, they had to clear them out when the event was over. So this picture is the best I could do under the circumstances.

No comments: