Search Lobsterland

Friday, June 01, 2012

Local Color: Westport

I may have to make another attempt to capture this with the camera. I played with various white balance settings and metering modes, but this little stretch of Wyandotte in Westport, between the Vietnam memorial and Westport Road, is charming.
I originally took it to be a case where one person decided to flamboyantly paint his house and a neighbor followed suit.
And a couple more after that. The way Candy Cane Lane came about, for instance.
But while I was shooting, a woman came out of one of the houses and went to her car. I wasn't sure if it seemed hinky that I was photographing her place, so I explained about the colors.
"Yeah, that happens," she said. "Nutter owns all these, I think his niece came up with the color schemes."
At least I think she said 'niece,' we were across a street and there was traffic noise, but I think that was the gist of it.

No comments: