Search Lobsterland

Friday, April 29, 2011

Quindaro & Whatnot



We rode to run errands, but Corinna wanted me to see the overlook from Quindaro Township, where many escaped slaves found what passed for freedom at the time.



I guess after Western University quit being a school, the site was used to build a nursing home that was so quickly condemned, it conjures the adjective 'Soviet.'




We rode out to what used to be a video store. These days it's a photography studio, but we weren't looking for either, rather for a produce stand that's apparently not open for the season yet.



On the way to get seeds for the garden, I spotted a cute antique store, the 'Cheep Guy,' near an equally awkwardly named Chinese takeout called 'Nice Food.'



Then we hit a day old bread shop and headed back east.



Ended up with a trip to Bonito Michoacan for groceries to make liver & onions. Corinna made this dish a few weeks ago using a technique I think of as Dump & Stir. For all the effort I put out, what she terms 'Cheffery,' I don't think mine turned out any better.



My liver & onions was hot and spicy, thanks to a bit of African Bird, but I can't claim it was any better.



On the way to get the liver, I stopped to take pictures of another mural.

No comments: