Friday, July 10, 2015
So as I pedaled home from work, the neighbor's yard caught my eye. A fairy ring of mushrooms, big, gorgeous mushrooms.
I have a good mushroom guide book, lots of full color pics and descriptions, divided in sections for edible, poisonous and psychoactive.
Chlorophyllum molybdites is the ID I came up with. Poisonous. They won't kill you, but the symptoms sound like for a day or so you might wish they had.
It's a shame, too, there was probably three or four pounds of them. I used a bottle cap for scale. I was going to use a dollar bill but I didn't have any folding money on me.
Posted by Chixulub at 11:21 AM