Search Lobsterland

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Coveting Away



It will be mine, oh yes it will be.



It worked in Wayne's World, so I had to say it.



The 29 plus thing to me strikes a really nice balance. These bikes don't feel like they have basketballs for tires the way a Moonlander or Ice Cream Truck tends to (and yes I know that means somewhat less float for sand and snow). But you can still ride full speed into a curb and just roll over it. It provides almost as much shock absorption as a suspension frame, and seems extremely well suited to me for gravel grinding—being a heavy rider, my 700x35 Schwalbes seem incredibly skinny and hard when I get on gravel. They're fine for jockey sized people, but when you weigh as much as a pair of jockeys...



And this ECR isn't just the exact 29 plus bike I'd want built up, it's being built up as if I'd spec'd it out myself.



Had I the means anyway. You can get quite a bit of bicycle for just what the Rolhoff 14 speed internal geared hub runs. But from the super simple Rolhoff to the big, grippy flat pedals, this thing is just plain built for me.



So... It will be mine, oh yes it will be.

No comments: