Search Lobsterland

Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas





I'll be honest, this has been a stressful Christmas for me. People are so freaking complicated.





I won't go into detail here, but it may have ruined Monopoly for me, true story. But still, I know I'm a lucky so and so no matter how you cut it. And the photographic evidence suggests that it was still a swell Christmas.





The cherry on top was I got to go for a bare-armed bike ride in the ridiculously warm 53ºF late afternoon. It was windy as hell, but with no destination I was able to ride against the wind going out and enjoy a tailwind coming home.





My wife's stepfather asked me when he saw me heading out to ride, 'Is there somewhere I can drop you?' It was one of those moments when you realize just how little some people who aren't cyclists really get it. It being that you might want to ride a bike just for the hell of it, with no destination.





Foster, the smaller of our dogs, was just full of holiday cheer. Every once in a while I'd wonder who was ringing bells so vigorously and realize it was the dog scratching her head.



No comments: