Search Lobsterland

Friday, January 27, 2012

Why Don't I Blog?


I remember back when I was still married to the artist formerly known as Frau Lobster, I'd see blog posts with titles along the lines of "Why I Blog."


I was new to the concept myself, so I read a lot of these in an effort to figure out what sort of freak show I had signed up for.


I signed up for it, though. Did I ever. It seemed, in a way, like technology had created a niche I had been born for.


Over 2500 posts later, I find myself past my daughter's mid-January birthday having not blogged stuff from before Christmas.


It's a dramatic shift. But life is full of dramatic adjustments these days.


I've accumulated a stockpile of photos I took out of the blog-it instinct, such as this one taken at church with my new phone. I never thought I wanted a smart phone. Corinna thought I'd be pissed off with the thing, in fact, but it promptly grafted itself to my consciousness.


Anyway, the answer to why I haven't gotten around to these things is I got sort of distracted by moving, the holidays, and so on. The process of moving two households into one, the one being the smaller house, has created an effect best described as Hoarder Palace. I have a lot of sorting out left to do.




But I miss this outlet for such things as Max visiting Santa.


Max is getting old, and we'll likely adopt another dog soon so he can help train his replacement. He gets cold easily in the winter, and besides being a love hound, he knows it's warmer in bed with someone. If you ask him to get off the bed, he'll jump down and immediately look up to see if he can be invited back.


He's not proud, he'll get in bed with anyone. He's in his golden years, what would you do?


For that matter, Max was the star of the show at my Mom's for Christmas. I was against bringing him, wasn't sure Mom would want him in the house. But not only was she down with it, my nephew was an instant fan.


He was adorable running after Max chattering, 'Bow wow bow wow bow wow!'


It was a fabulous Christmas all the way around. The way the custody arrangement works, every other year we each get the major holidays and this was the odd year for me. Meaning we did a full Christmas on Christmas Eve at my Mom's, a full Christmas on Boxing Day at my Dad's, and in between, my ex got to have a full Christmas on Christmas with the girls.


As I explained to a friend, divorce and remarriage has been pretty good to my kids.


I guess a Christmas present to me from my kids, when we got to my Mom's she'd made fried chicken at Em's request. You can take your Christmas ham and stuff it up your Christmas turkey's ass, the fried chicken was the bomb.


It was our first Christmas in Westheight. With all the chaos of moving and whatnot, I didn't get my outside lights up really, and it's almost February and the tree is still up, but as long as you understand the concept you can pass the class, right?


Oh, and me and Corinna got whistles from the girls.

No comments: