Search Lobsterland

Monday, January 02, 2012

Totem / Moods

Quite the long break from blogging for me. The dates don't tell the whole story, either: I took this picture almost a week before my last published post, so we're really talking almost a month off.


Things are not situated entirely, but I am ensconced in the comfort of my new man cave. The movie quote that comes to mind, "I got my Wild Cherry Diet Pepsi and I got my Black Jack gum here..."

Except in my case it's Boulevard Pale Ale, and upstairs is some queso fresco and leftover grilled chicken.

I shot this totem in the lobby waiting for Mo's play, the Jellybean Conspiracy, to start back on December 9.

They were also selling my daughter's art. They had some on display, but she's teamed up with a classmate, and she paints watercolor textures, and he cuts them out and mounts them. Then they pair them with announcement envelopes and sell them as stationery.


I bought five of these cards before I realized I was paying for art I could simply steal from my child.


Or commission simply by putting paints and paper on the table and letting her go at it. Which is what we've been doing the past couple of weeks. And she's been digging it, absolutely burning through the art supplies.


It's good stuff. I used a bunch of them as backgrounds for the family calendar this year and couldn't figure out why I didn't think to do so sooner.

No comments: