Search Lobsterland

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

In God (and Alan Greenspan) We Trust


Ariel Sharon is having blood drained from his head, last I heard, and apparently he's following the example of our Commander in Grief, who was quoted as saying that Sharon is a 'man of peace' (didn't he put on a nice firework show for the people of Beruit in 1982?) and said he was 'praying for' the Israeli warlord, I mean Prime Minister.

On a more serious note, either cell phones have struck again, or mining companies are heartless, money-grubbing machines preying on the economic plight of Appalachian people. Any reason why these need to be mutually exclusive?

Oh, and with the Chiefs aren't in the playoffs, I want to officially throw in with my redneck friends, all two of them:
GO BENGALS!!!

Until next year, I think they're coming back to Arrowhead for the season opener. But the Bengals are so due, and since I hate the Colts both for being a whore franchise (one that moves to soak up taxpayer money, as opposed to the rest, engaged in stationary extortion), and for what the Colts did to the Chiefs in the playoffs our 13-3 year. Also, if I understand the brackets, to make this wish come true, the Bengals will have to beat Denver, which would be sweet. And if Tampa Bay makes it to the Super Bowl, I'd have to root for the Bengals because Em still hasn't forgiven the Bucs for the '04 season injury to Priest Holmes. Something which, no matter how many times I explain the inherent risks of the game, she insists proves that the Bucaneers are 'bad twerps.'

2 comments:

Justine said...

that mining accident was very nasty.
michelle wrote a bit about it...
http://theladyjustitia.blogspot.com/

j_ay said...

I most politicians should go in for a lil' brain tap...