Search Lobsterland

Monday, October 30, 2017

Halloween Mass







I really wasn't on my A game this Critical Mass, photographically speaking. I had my trusty D7000 and an SB800 speed light. Light is always an issue by this time of year, as contrasted with summer Masses when the tailgating portion of the festivities is right smack in the magic hour. And while the turnout was lower than I'd have expected, there plenty of Halloween fun I didn't get documented.





Including a tandem with a skeletal stoker, didn't get a clear photo of that at all. Got a nice one of Jacinta's crow costume, but not really one that gets the whole effect. And you can't take a bad picture of her, I've tried, she's just too darn photogenic.





It was cold out. Well, it felt cold out. It was in the 40s when we met up, might have dipped to the upper 30s by the time I got home. But owing to that Chinese hoax Climate Change, my body's carburetor hasn't had a chance to adjust to these temperatures. Come February, 45º, I start riding bare arms. Friday night I got home in a long sleeve t-shirt, Hawaiian shirt and cycling jacket (and once I'm acclimatized, it has to be below freezing before I want the whole jacket, as opposed to just the sleeves. I also had on flannel lined jersey gloves and a balaclava.





And with all that, what in a month or so will seem like appropriate gear for a ride 20º colder, wasn't enough to keep me from shivering as I rode.





Maybe if I hadn't been so cold I could have done more damage with the camera.





No comments: