Search Lobsterland

Sunday, August 27, 2017

August Mass





So Mass, Critical Mass, I love it. Corinna turned me on to it, but she hasn't been able to participate much lately, it's too far, too many blinkies, etc. Traumatic brain injuries suck.





But I try not to miss it. I hadn't made spoke cards lately because I ran out of inspiration. And because people had started asking me if I was the organizer of an event that can't be described accurately as organized.





But then last month my friend Eric suggested I put a T-Rex head on Sarahsaurus Rex, who's a regular at Mass. So I did, I found a Facebook shot her topless with googly eyes on her nipples and put a T-Rex head on her. Then, I guess I got inspired. The flip side of that was a Las Vegas welcome sign with 'welcome to fabulous Critical Mass.' Then I did a Black Flag parody album cover a friend of mine did with the Bartle Hall spires on the back of my own Photoshop job on a Dead Kennedys album cover, Give Me Critical Mass or Give Me Death. Then I did an eclipse themed card. I guess I made up for lost time in the spoke card department.







I was real excited this time though when Corinna started texting me asking where the group was. We didn't quite hook up, when we got to 18th & Vine and she was at the Overlook (Town of Kansas Bridge), I tried to get the group to ride there with me. It's a pretty common end point for the ride. But only Eric actually followed my lead and we ended up a handful of folks at the overlook. Which was fine, less blinkies for Corinna to deal with even, but when I rolled out from 18th & Vine I thought I had a few more followers than turned out to be the case







I might have ended up a little foggy on the final approach to home. My wife got me to go over the James Street Viaduct, and even if it was with considerable whining on my part, the fact that I went over it at all is a sign of intoxication. I hate that fucking bridge, I don't care if it saves a quarter mile or so of distance over my normal route home through the West Bottoms.





No comments: