Search Lobsterland

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Happy Friday!







First Critical Mass since Halloween for me.







Sometimes anarchy isn't too organized, and this mass split up earlier than most. Some of the riders, after the Nelson, decided to go to Buzzard Beach to pay bar prices for drinks. Some of us declined and rode one.





Which is how I found myself out front for the first time. Corinna said, 'Take them on your hill.' This was on 31st coming off Pennsylvania. So I did, called out, 'Watch for grates and follow me.'









Southwest Trafficway down from 31st is an awesome hill to bomb. Lots of gravity assistance, and that left lane is almost unused by cars, most of whom are heading to I-35 instead of Summit.



I worried about those sewer grates as I rode down the hill and ended up stopping at 27th not to block traffic but to warn riders. Going 30+ down this hill, you hit a grate like mine (and they're abundant along here), you don't get a wife or a soulmate, you get a choice between cremation and burial.



My warnings went unheard, after the fact everyone told me they couldn't hear what I said, but at least none of them ate high speed dirt on Summit.



No comments: