Search Lobsterland

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Werner's

I was originally going to do another long ride this morning before freelance work completely hijacked my weekend. A welcome hijacking, don't get me wrong, I can definitely use the money and more.

But then when I picked Em up yesterday, she was sick. Which means I couldn't take her & Mo to my Dad's and put my step-brother at risk of another infection (long, sad story for another time). So, I went ahead and took my bike to the Trek Store for a tuneup in anticipation of BikeMS.

I had planned on replacing the 16 year old brake pads, but the tech said he thought they were fine. Love it when they don't sell me stuff I don't need. However, he noted that my chain was pretty near shot.

With a little luck, everything but my new seat post will be done when I get off work Monday.



So then me and Mo (Em had stayed home to feel sorry for herself and drown her illness in Disney Channel) got hot dogs from Werner's. This place has been doing this for as long as I can remember, and when I remember that it's Saturday and I'm even remotely in the neighborhood I try to grab one. Knackwurst today, though I usually get their bratwurst. I normally pass on the chips, but these sweet potato chips caught my eye (and they were well worth the empty calories).



Then, on the way back home, I realized I was feeling a little puny myself. Seemed to have quite a bit of phlegm in my chest, had that borderline on feverish feeling. Took some Advil when we got back and took a two hour nap (very unusual for me). Felt better, but as I worked through the evening, that feeling came back.



So we'll see if I'm even healthy enough to ride Monday night. Depends on if this is something super mild that I've already seen the worst of or if it's the tip of the iceberg. I can't be sick next weekend, gotta ride to Sedalia and back in a big herd of cycling maniacs.

No comments: