Search Lobsterland

Sunday, November 06, 2016

Racking Day





Okay, so I've been doing this homebrew thing for a day or two. First batch was in the spring of 1995. But learning new tricks even at batch #119.

So I read Steve Piatz's book, dunno what too me so long. I've known him pretty much the whole time I've been brewing and judging, and the techniques he espouses are a big part of why judging mead entries has gone from 'poison until proven otherwise' to 'an this many be so good?'

So today I kegged up a beer failure that had me fairly demoralized. It's super sweet, but it has enough alcohol that repitching is likely futile. It tastes good, smells good, but it's like a 1.040 final gravity (down from 1.100). Strikes me as a Belgian interpretation of a Wee Heavy.

But then the meads, when I racked them, they not only had attenuated down nicely they smelled and tasted, well, maybe the best meads I've ever made. So then I was looking at my beer fail and going, when your failures are this good and your wins are this huge...

\

1 comment:

Unknown said...



Louis Vuitton handbags Fashion Week this season unknowingly been concluded, both from the T station off the show floor or shot in the street are filled with a variety of trendy new single Chanel handbags product,The good news the Consul General’s wife got theRolex Air King back.The LAPD obtained a search warrant for the info that will lead them to the person who brought the 1:1 Replica Breitling Watches in for repair.The fraudster had been selling phoney Original Rolex Watches and Omega Watches Replica before officers swooped on his home. Replica Tag Heuer is the most famous luxury watch brand all over the world.