Search Lobsterland

Saturday, February 07, 2015

Interstate





I've been waiting for four years to shoot this sign. Well, I gave up waiting about a year ago and shot it in it's broken state.





I think it reminds me of Central Savings, a painting I've loved at the Nelson since I was a wee lad. The reflections of the neon off the marble and whatnot.

They finally fixed it. Well, sort of. The I at the top had been out for as long as I was aware of the joint, about four years I think. Another letter had recently gone and then all of a sudden I noticed it was fixed. Except on the east side, the 'SAFE' circle is out. The west side is completely operational but there's a street lamp in the way of it, so all of these shots are still a compromise on some level.



While I was hanging out there, a couple of evenings actually, I took some other long exposures, letting cars headlights paint streaks through the frame and whatnot.







No comments: