Search Lobsterland

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Seeking the Gutter


Okay, after the terrible outing we had a couple weeks back trying to do Special Olympics bowling on a Saturday, we tried the Wednesday alternative.

We had the place practically to ourselves, so all the overload sensory input of the previous try was absent.




If they would invent a game where the goal was to punch a hole in the boards with the ball, Mo would medal in it. I've been trying to convince her that throwing the ball from chest height is not the way.



She loves gutter balls. I think they appeal to her sense of order. Or to her contrary nature. But at least when she aims for the gutter, she's not smashing the lane to splinters.

Can you believe people pay $200 and more for their own bowling ball? I did see one I would want if I was that into it.



And one that made me think of my friend Firefighter Bernie.



Em decided she wanted bumpers. Mo couldn't have them because the Special Olympics rules forbid them. Not to mention they could potentially deprive Mo of gutter balls. When you consider how much effort she puts into not hitting a single pin, the 25 she bowled today is remarkable. That's 25 more pins than she meant to hit.

1 comment:

kimmyk said...

Me and Molly bowl alike. I've yet to get a strike...or make it down the center that matter. I'm good for one game then I'm spent.