Search Lobsterland

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Word Up



This was billed as a spoken word poetry event, and there was plenty of that on offer, but it wasn't just spoken word.



It actually ended up being more like a warm up for the Fringe Festival, hosted by our friend Sarah.







I had a lot of fun trying to shoot the gypsy dancers, about burned up the shutter on my D7000 trying. Here are a few of the better examples I got, battling flourescent lights, not that much light, and trying to capture their faces sharp with a a narrow depth of field and some blur on the action of their skirts which flowed and swayed violently.







I managed to get a shot of Sarah modeling the Connect Power t-shirt. She never, and I mean never wears t-shirts as far as I can tell. Kind of like me with my Hawaiian shirts except her wardrobe has more variety.













No comments: