Search Lobsterland

Monday, July 01, 2013

Guitar Society Concert



My Dad is a member of the Kansas City Guitar Society and he's been trying forever to get me and my brother to come to one of these events.



I don't know why it took so long, it was a free show and it wasn't far from home for me. The weather was beautiful, and as long as you can tune out the occasional bus or motorcycle, it's a nice, intimate hour of good music.

My friend Liz rides a motorcycle and it doesn't make a ruckus like a lot of them do. Hers is a little Honda Rebel, an affordable ride that gets great gas mileage and does not cause deafness. I'm sure most of the loud bikes that rumble around our streets are much, much more expensive. Maybe they could throw in a free muffler with a $20,000 motorcycle.

No comments: