Search Lobsterland

Sunday, May 13, 2007

And the Phone Rang


The guy who wouldn't come down on his price did.

I came up a little on my offer, too. We met halfway more or less. The sign of a successful negotiation is both sides feel like they won something, right?



I think it was emotional for him, and I can understand and respect that. I get the same way myself. Like when I wouldn't come down from $800 for a piano I sold a year later for $350. I don't think the dude wanted to see the car go. He kind of hung around on the sidewalk as I got ready to depart. I asked him if goodbye was harder than he anticipated, and he said, 'Take care of this car. I loved this car.'

I hope he did, because I need to get four or five years down the road in this thing.



So I bought my first tank of gas for it. Then basked in the air conditioning on the ride home. I put my Autism Awareness and Chiefs magnets on. Then the Chief's magnet blew off on the highway, so much for that.



I talked myself into buying some Armour All in hopes of keeping it nice. My cars all develop a quarter inch thick layer of dust on their dashboards, and somehow I suspect this is not entirely for want of owning a bottle of Armour All. But it's a nice fantasy that I can learn to take care of this car.

3 comments:

Jane said...

Wooooh! new car!

kimmyk said...

Yeah for the new car!
I hate Armour All. I hate how it makes everything slimy. What did the girls say?

Chixulub said...

The kiddos haven't seen it yet. I pick them up tomorrow evening in it, so I guess we'll see if my assumption that an Accord was plenty big is correct...