Search Lobsterland

Sunday, September 08, 2013

Natural History





I'd been wanting to take my nephew to a museum for a while. He's a fun kiddo, and unlike my own kids, he hasn't outgrown going to museums. In fact, he's just getting started. The Natural History Museum at KU seemed a good place to start.



I'd forgotten when it's like to do a trip like this with a three year old. His attention span literally speaks in nanoseconds, and while some things I wouldn't notice fascinate him (trash cans, elevator buttons, a bunch of other stuff that's eye level to him), he literally couldn't be bothered to look at some things I thought would be highlights of the trip (a duck-billed platypus, a stuffed grizzly bear).



He also wanted to ping-pong around a lot. We'd go upstairs, then back down, then up again.



He also didn't have any patience for posing for pictures. I got a few of him in action, mostly the back of his head as he was bolting to the next thing.



And even with the ISO cranked on my camera, he's a blurry child. I marvel at the boundless energy.



I'll have to get him to the Kemper of the Nelson next.



No comments: