Search Lobsterland

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Staking


I got a bit of a late start on the sequel to Tomatosaurus Rex.

Well, not really, but the original plants are all dead thanks to hot, salty compost. I made the girls come with me to stake the replacement plants which, I hope, will at least have me eating BLTs by August.







I didn't get all 31 plants replaced but I got a good sampling of bicolors and black varieties, and Missouri Organic agreed to either refund our money or give us four yards free next year.



The girls had fun no matter what they might say about it.


Everything else seems to be coming up, too. There are still a few beds that haven't been planted, Corinna's roommate is supposedly going to try some sweet potatoes and watermelon in those.



And some of my replacement plants don't really seem like they're going to grow up and go to college either, but if my luck isn't fantastic hopefully I've compensated with sheer numbers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy smokes! Did you just plant this week???

Chixulub said...

No, my blog posts are lagging by a week or two because I've been busy; plus my first plants died of faulty compost and there was a couple week delay getting replacements and planting those. Then it was a couple weeks before I got a chance to stake them.