Search Lobsterland

Monday, October 18, 2010

Pre-Op Nerves

I go under the knife tomorrow morning so they can crew part of my bird finger together. General anesthesia is kind of spooky to me.

I debated bullying them into gassing me stupid and using a local instead, but then I decided my anxiety level would be too high for that.

To top off the general nerves, two people showed me their fingers over the weekend, the scars from the same surgery and how they couldn't bend that digit.

Swell. I type for a living, ya know?

Bad time for me to be out of the office for a day, too. Absolutely covered up between the economy seeming to perk back up (more regular orders than had been the norm this year) and the election stuff. So I got up and in to the office at 5:30 this morning and didn't hang it up until 7:00 this evening. I could have stayed longer, there was still plenty to do, but I was definitely losing my effectiveness.

Hard to believe I once routinely gave up 13 or more hours a day to work for months on end. The money was great, but it left no time or energy for anything you could call a life.

No comments: