Search Lobsterland

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Dos Lasagnchilada



Okay, I thought I'd be safe from my usual problem of having too much casserole for the casserole dish if I made sure all the soup-part of the thing was in my skillet. The tortillas and cheese plus the contents of one skillet ought to fit a three quart dish, right?



Not so. My 8x8 wasn't quite full, but this was basically too much for the dish by more than a third.




I started with sautéed onions and garlic in just a bit of olive oil.
Added to this, one bag of ground meatless (Morningstar Farms faux ground beef)
1 10 oz can Extra Hot Ro-Tel tomatoes
1 28 oz can Enchiladas Verdes sauce
2 15 oz cans black beans, undrained
1 packet McCormick's Enchilada Sauce mix




Once this was hot, I layered corn tortillas, the soup-ish stuff and shredded Colby-Jack and Mozzarella, sprinkling sliced jalapeños here and there.




Baked for 30 minutes at 400ºF.

No comments: